Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Work Interview #2

Rosa who was a nurse at the villa was a great person I had the opportunity to meet while working there. She was so gentle with every patient she was with and her patience for each of them was incredible. She talked to them as if they were her closet friend. She tried to teach me how they played volleyball with them so we could all interact. Her kindness brought many of the people to talk to me and it led to a great path to the questions about their lives I was able to receive. Rosa was doing a million things at once and I practically had to run to keep up with her. She helps give baths, arts an crafts, interacts, walks, feeds, and even helps the patients with whatever they need. I was able to help her through most of it and she taught me how to give a hand massage. Rosa's kindness was shown and everyone enjoyed her company when she would be on shift.
Her advice for the younger generations was to listen. To hear something isn't always enough but to understand what they mean and where they are coming from makes the words someone says more valuable. Her thoughts on why you can hear but not always understand makes her a valued worker who without working at the villa would be hard to replace. Rosa was a great person who I was able to meet during this experience and she like every one who works there wanted to help people. They all enjoy the work they do and every person they meet they enjoy getting to know them and be able to make their day better.

No comments:

Post a Comment